YOUTH @ OMC 2019
FUELLING THE FUTURE ENERGY PROFESSIONALS
THURSDAY 28 MARCH 2019
10.00-13.00 Company Presentations
Future professionals will have the chance to meet leading oil&gas companies, to exchange information and hear about what it’s like to work in the energy sector.
14.00 – 16.00 SPE Student Paper Contest
MSc and PhD students are invited to participate in the SPE OMC 2019 student paper contest focused on the Oil&Gas industry and energy transition.
The programme has two separate categories: MSc and PhD. Participants must be currently enrolled in Msc or PhD courses at their university.
Students shall submit an abstract (with title) of their research activities, max 300 words, before January 31, 2019.
A Technical Committee will select 2 abstracts within two categories: MSc and PhD. The 4 selected abstracs will be presented by their authors at OMC 2019.
Mandatory presentation Rules (for the selected 4 abstracts abstracts):
- Duration: Max 15 minutes
- Language: English
Both technical content and overall quality of the presentation will be evaluated by the Committee. At the end, the Committee will grant three awards:
- Best pesentation in terms of technical content for MSc category
- Best presentation in terms of technical content for PhD category
- Best presentation in terms of overall quality
16.00 - 17.30 SPE Energy Prospect Workshop -
The future of the energy industry: what prospects for tomorrow’s professionals?
- New energy prospects and ‘transitions’ and their impact on the engineering and construction industry
- Narrative mindset to build the future of engineering and construction companies
17.30 Paper Contest Award Ceremony
For more info please contact the Organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org