YOUTH @ OMC 2019
FUELLING THE FUTURE ENERGY PROFESSIONALS
THURSDAY 28 MARCH 2019
10.45-13.00 Company Presentations
Future professionals will have the chance to meet leading oil&gas companies, to exchange information and hear about what it’s like to work in the energy sector.
14.00 – 16.15 SPE Student Paper Contest
MSc and PhD students are invited to participate in the SPE OMC 2019 student paper contest focused on the Oil&Gas industry and energy transition.
The programme has two separate categories: MSc and PhD
Students shall submit an abstract (with title) of their research activities, max 300 words, before Janauary 14th 2019.
A Technical Committee will evaluate the abstracts and select the best 2 for each category. The 4 selected abstracs will be presented by their authors at OMC 2019. Participants must be currently enrolled in Msc or PhD courses at their university.
Mandatory presentation Rules (for the selected 4 abstracts):
- Duration: Max 15 minutes
- Language: English
Both technical content and overall quality of the presentation will be evaluated by the Committee. At the end, the Committee will give out three awards:
- Best pesentation in terms of technical content for MSc category
- Best presentation in terms of technical content for PhD category
- Best overall quality presentation
16.15 - 17.30 SPE Energy Prospect Workshop -
The future of the energy industry: what prospects for tomorrow’s professionals?
- Energy Prospects and the related requirements of an engineering and construction company - Daslav Brkic, Animp
- Innovate Engineering and Construction Companies to build the future - (tbd)
17.30 Paper Contest Award Ceremony
For more info please contact the Organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org